Sow Farm Filter Technician
Job #: 167115
A large pork powerhouse seeks a sow filter technician to ensure stringent standards are upheld for a key site.
- Assist in training of employees on biosecurity policies and procedures.
- Assist in outlining project plans, setting project goals and deadlines, and evaluating performance.
- Communicate potential projects and forecast project costs with Farm Manager and Sow Service Manager
- Direct and assist in pre-filter placement
- Manage inventory of filtration equipment (socks, caulk, etc.) and report any needs to farm manager
- Occasionally drive the wean bus to deliver pigs to nurseries
- Perform and document any required maintenance on filtration system and inspection records
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly inspections of filtration system.
- Perform general troubleshooting, diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust
- Perform regular biosecurity audits to ensure all biosecurity policies and procedures comply with standards
- Report biosecurity concerns to farm manager
- Work with subcontractors as needed and maintain good working relationships
- Assist with GDU chores when necessary
- Assist with general repairs and maintenance of sow farm as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Available to work all hours, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Detail-oriented and systematic in designing and executing short and long-term objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and capable of demonstrating initiative and working independently with occasional direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
High school diploma or GED required. Experience working in and around swine and swine facilities is preferred.