We have the freedom to choose our actions, our profession, our financial needs, and the path of our life. Each day is not about what we have to do. It’s about what we get to do. Strength can come from the recognition that there is a bigger purpose, a desire to make a difference, and a need to have a higher meaning behind the choices we make.
Spend time focusing on this for yourself personally, and with those you lead. Some points to ponder:
- Who in my life do I care to impact the most? How specifically am I going to mentor and impact those individuals?
- What are five things I would put on my bucket list, and with whom would I want to experience them?
- What experiences am I most appreciative of in my life? How can I help others have that same experience?
- What moment in your life are you most proud of? How can you duplicate more of those moments?
- Look around. What, and who, am I thankful for today?
The purpose of life is not to be happy.
It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate,
to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Connect/Follow us on: